Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Nonscale Mage - 7th Dragon

I finally hit the double digits! This little mage (a representation of my character Milandia in FFXIV) by Utsunekotei is my 10th kit. It's hard to believe how far I've come since my first build and to be honest I'm quite proud of this one. As always everything is hand-painted with craft acrylic paint and is shaded with Mungyo pastels.


The more I look at Milandia the more I fall in love. I usually tend to shy away from bright colors for some reason (I dress that way too though lol) but I love how all of the colors on this kit coordinate together. It really brings out the fact that she is a fantasy character.

Some small adjustments were made to this figure. Besides the altered color scheme I chose to create a small book to attach at her hip since she is technically an Arcanist in my game ;) I followed a tutorial by Dollar Store Crafts which was very easy to follow and you can adjust the instructions to any miniature sized book you need. I also puttied the back of her cape where the tassels hang off to get rid of the minor gaps.

Btw I was using the website Cincopa before to upload my photos but they changed free user privileges so the layout I really liked using is only available for premium users now :( Because of that I had to do a bit of coding to make a custom gallery. You should be able to view a higher quality by right clicking → Open image in new tab. Also FYI these pictures load best on a desktop computer too so if you're viewing them on mobile the layout may look a little screwed up.

Thank you for taking the time to view my work. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment