Thursday, June 20, 2013

Animal Crossing: New Leaf 1

This post will be a little off-topic from what I usually do but I'm so excited to get this game that I want to kind of keep a diary on it ^^ I have only played Animal Crossing once before on the Gamecube over ten years ago (omg has it been that long) and I have a lot of fond memories playing it at 2 in the morning with my even younger brother hoping for rain so we could catch coelacanths for big $$$ lol.

Oh man it's nooby me! 
New Leaf actually reminds me of the Gamecube version a lot! It's easy to pick up and I couldn't help but chuckle at some of the references they make to older players. I'm not familiar with the other games and if it's the same but I'm happy they kept a lot of the characters the same too like Pelly and that sassy beast Phyllis. Tom Nook is no longer the money-hungry tanuki that he once was and loan payments no longer feel like you're a slave. I really enjoy seeing all the different animals in my town. Here's my current lineup!

File:Violet.jpg
Violet. She's apparently snooty and rude but I wonder if they toned her down because she's really nice to me LOL
Kevin. The neighborhood workout pig. He's really sweet and sends me presents and is growing on me <3
Carmen. She's kind of a spazz but I think her design is pretty cute, I love the colors.
Savannah2
Savannah. Not too sure how I feel about her yet since she always seems to be somewhere other than her house. She's cute but definitely hasn't left an impression on me yet.
Harry
Harry. Seems like a cool dude but again I haven't really talked to him that much. It seems like he often frequents the dinosaur exhibit in the museum but seems like a cool dude.
Zucker. THIS GUY IS AWESOME! A TAKOYAKI OCTOPUS! He just moved in today but I'm stoked to get to know him. What I really want is the trash can in his house so I don't have to pay to throw my trash away >_>

Overall it's a really nice group of people, I'm not too picky but I have a major problem trying to kick people out of my town...they're too nice ;_; But damn I really really REALLY want Dizzy to come to my town:

200px-Dizzy
Oh baby
Dizzy was in my town in the original Animal Crossing and my 12-year old self was in love. I am pretty damn sure he left my town one day and I was utterly heartbroken but I may have sealed that painful memory far away LOL

Anyway the game is really fun so far, I like changing my entire wardrobe (finally) and the option to stack items is so great. By far my favorite thing to do is go fishing, I LOVE fishing in this game and it's such a great way to make money (plus look at all my sharks).

If there's one thing Animal Crossing has taught me it's that you need to be patient while playing it. Good god I want to change my outfits with QR codes and my hair and eyes but I have to wait 10 days and spend big bucks on shirts I don't want!? It is just so hard to wait for everything to expand and grow when I want to get my house-designing skills and gardening on. I'm not 100% sold on my town layout either but I'm too lazy to start the game over.  Luckily I placed my house right along the curve of a river in the middle of town but my neighbors are all on opposite sides of the map so it's pretty annoying getting to them sometimes...

Also um holy crap I was going to complain about missing out on gyroids and Mr. Resetti but omg he's in the surveillance center!? And the GYROIDS! GIVE THEM TO ME, RAIN IN SUMMER!

Oh yeah and Shizue (Isabelle I guess) is really cute...before I played I kind of figured she'd be the annoying little secretary that bothers you all the time but she has a very distinct clumsy personality which is actually kind of cute.
Isabelle
What a cutie
Overall I'm loving this game so far and it is absolutely worth every penny. Even though there's not really a huge amount of things to do and there's no objective it's very immersive. The characters say some pretty surprising, deep things sometimes that really hit home and that means a lot to me. I hope to post again soon, thanks for reading ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment